Established in 2006
We are dedicated to suicide prevention by:
- Educating the community on prevention strategies
- Promoting crisis & intervention resources
- Expanding support through community-wide partnerships
Concern for a loved one?
Tips for suicide prevention
Just Ask AND Listen!
If you have concerns for a loved one:
ASK directly if they’re thinking about suicide.
LISTEN to their response, calmly, without judgment.
KEEP SAFE - Contact the local crisis line or mental health clinic. Stay in contact with the person until they are in a safer place.
In emergency situations call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
Suicide is Preventable!
- 22 Veterans complete suicide every day
- 1 person dies by suicide every 40 seconds
- Recovery is possible, mental illness is treatable, and suicide is preventable
Learn the warning signs and the local resources.
Wyoming County Suicide Prevention Taskforce